Monday, July 9, 2012

Healthier Tuna Spread

It's very seldom that my daughter ask for something and when she does, I make sure that I give her the best. Yesterday Julia asked for tuna sandwich, so I made one early this morning.

Ingredients: 1 big can of Tuna in brine, 1/2 teaspoon of malunggay power, 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and 100 grams Lady's Choice mayonnaise.

It's very basic, mix everything and voila, a healthier tuna spread


For me and my husband, I use Lady's Choice Mayo Lite to cut down on fat and calories.


For my kids, they prefer  Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise.

10 comments:

  1. Patikim!
    Good job on the spread! Now both Bhogs and I are craving for tuna sandwich.
    Suggestion lang, best if you use fresh basil, it will do a lot, healthier, more aromatic and tastier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga, fresh basil will make it a lot healthier, kaso the kids ayaw ng smell nun kaya I chose to use dries. Thanks for the suggestion, Tukayo.

      Delete
  2. That looks yummy and healthy..

    Visiting for FTF- hope you can stop by..

    http://myrecipecollection.info/2012/07/garlic-mashed-potatoes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah for the visit. Visited you back.

      Delete
  3. It looks appetizing. I have never thought of adding malunggay powder before. Let me try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made tuna, chicken and pimiento cheese spread.. para may pagpilian mga kids for their baon. Will try adding malunggay and basil next time sa tuna spread ko...mishu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sarap!!! i love tuna spread. you just gave me an idea of preparing it this coming weekend. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love tuna spread! :) I add celery whenever it's available at home. :)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your joyful comments are much appreciated!