Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Malunggay Spaghetti

I seldom cook but when I do, I make sure that my children will like what I prepare. I also make sure that what I cook is nutritious.

Sharing today, my Malunggay Spaghetti, one of the few foods I can whip in a flash.



Ingredients: Malunggay (from my kapitbahay), Spag sauce (Filipino or sweet), onions, garlic, carrots, purefoods jumbo hotdog, carrots, and ground pork (for healtheir version I use ground chicken breast), salt and pepper to taste.


Mommy Tip: For the kids to be able to eat all the veggies, mince the malunggay leaves and grate (in very small size) the carrots. The grated carrots and minced malunggay give the spaghetti the thicker sauce. The minced malunggay is always mistaken for italian seasoning, sosyal diba! When I tell my friends and guests it's actually malunggay they're amazed it tastes as good, oh, even better.     


Instruction: Cook pasta according to package instruction. Saute onions, garlic and ground meat. Then add in hotdogs. simmer for 5 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce and half glass of water. simmer for ten minutes. Add the carrots and malunngay. Continue cooking for 15 minutes in very low fire while mixing from time to time. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Ooops, My kids and I were too hungry, forgot to take photos of the finished product. I'll just post My Malunggay - Spaghetti photo the next time I cook (which will probably take place 3 months from now).

4 comments:

  1. Ang tagal magluto ulet. so i'll wait till October for the photo? haha.. Seriously, I love your spaghetti, I remember last birthday mo nga ba yun with malunggay din.. yeah, you're right I also mistaken it as basil, parsley or something. healthy talaga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ganun na nga, baka nga 4 months pa. sa ec na for our chirstmas party. nyahahaha.

      Delete
  2. Hi! Such a nice blog! I wonder if I can get in touch with you if ever I have some interesting stuff to share? Would you be willing to share your email address or any contact detail? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your joyful comments are much appreciated!