Sunday, April 29, 2012

Halo-Halo at Home

Summer means heat. Heat means having halo-halo. Halo-halo during summer means spending a minimum of one hundred pesos a day for a family of five. The figure I gave is very conservative because my neighbor sells halo-halo for twenty pesos per  glass.  If my family dines out at restaurants or food chain it's a whole lot different story.

I'm not into sweet food but halo-halo is an exception, along with blueberry cheesecake. So every summer I'd spend a lot for this.  A month ago my husband bought me an ice crusher (around Php700), which saved us a lot of moolah and time going back and forth to our neighbor for that  halo-halo craving.



We started buying the ingredients at groceries, the bottled ones. Then moved on from buying the raw material and cook it ourselves. Not only did we save more money, it has become a family bonding when preparing  halo-halo at home.


Having this many friends come over at home for  halo-halo is now a breeze. 

Next step? My kids are asking me to sell halo-halo.

FTFBadge

6 comments:

  1. super sarap ng halo halo sa bahay na ito, balik balikan hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how a favorite dish or merienda fare can gather many folks together. I love halo-halo, too.

    Here in Panglao in Bohol, more popular is buko juice wixed with milk, sugar and grated buko meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tito Eric! I hope to visit Bohol soon. Daan ako sa inyo ha...

      Delete
  3. Homemade halo-halo, perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Your joyful comments are much appreciated!